The Spark CTA was created in partnership with Evergreen Climate Innovations (previously Clean Energy Trust) and other partners to support early stage cleantech businesses and drive commercialization of their technologies in Tennessee and throughout the Midwest.
In our 12-week, in-person program, we offer:
- Stipends to help defray travel/living costs and to support business and technical milestones,
- Prototyping services through the University of Tennessee’s Center for Materials Processing,
- Mentoring and one-on-one support from our experts in business, market analysis and positioning, and IP/ patent strategy, product design, engineering, prototyping, testing, material selection, tooling design, and manufacturing,
- Connections with customers, investors, strategic partners, suppliers, and universities and national laboratories,
- Training Workshops and one-on-one support, including individual meetings with DOE SBIR/STTR staff, and
- Partnerships with organizations such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, the University of Tennessee, the City of Knoxville, and members of the Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council.
Frequently Asked Questions